Cook Time: 3 hours
- 3 lbs. Meat 90/10 if possible [ground sirloin]
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 ribs celery and leaves
- 2 bottles dark beer
- 4 Tbsp Mina Spicy Harissa
- 2 - 28 oz. Cans of crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Yogurt to top
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in an 8qt stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery and cook over medium heat, or 5 minutes, till carrots and the onions are transparent. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, raise the heat to medium high heat and sauté the ground meat. Leave it chunky and let the water release from the meat and evaporate. Don’t drain the meat.
- Add chili powder, pepper, carrots, onions, celery and brown sugar to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Heat for 2 minutes and add 2 bottles of beer. Stir and scrape the sides of the pan.
- Add the Spicy Red Mina Harissa and the tomatoes. Stir and bring to a bubble, but not boiling
- Reduce heat and simmer with a lid not completely covering the pot, stirring occasionally for a couple of hours.
- Add the beans and stir
- Turn off the heat, let sit for 30 minutes
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt on top
|Made with Mina Harissa|